Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies

For a little history about me before this recipe, which brings us to it..  I used to be a pastry chef at Twelves Grill &Cafe, it started out as an externship and turned into a full time job.  We had a love/dislike relationship;  I believe if I was able to go back now I could do so many things over and succeed so much more.  I was young and have learned a lot since then, but that job really did help me grow with my baking.  While working at the restaurant I made Cheesecake brownies daily, they were one of my best sellers &I have missed those delicious treats since I left there.  Recently, they have been on my mind and, of course, I'm thinking how can I give a little twist.  What else would pop up but peanut butter!?  So, here goes my Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies.. Enjoy. =]

Peanut Butter Cheesecake filling:  (I will need to scale this down, it was a bit much)
1 lb Cream Cheese
3/4 cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1 1/2 tsp Flour
1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Combine cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth.  Gradually add sugar and flour.  Add eggs, one at a time and mix for 2 - 3 minutes, or until smooth and combined.  Mix in vanilla.

Cheesecake Mix
Cream Cheese &Peanut Butter
Measured out ingredients
 Brownies:
2 sticks Butter (melted)
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 Flour
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1 cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1/3 cup Cocoa
1/4 tsp Salt

Stir together the butter, sugar, and vanilla.  Add eggs, beat well.  Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; Gradually adding to the egg mixture.  Beat until well blended.

Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
In pan, ready to go in oven..
Finished product!
Now I did use a 10'' round pan, because I can't seem to find my square pan;  But either way, I'm totally satisfied with this!


Cupcakes &Kisses =P
-Christy.

No comments:

Post a Comment