Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like..

First thing, I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Mine was great and black Friday was as enjoyable as it is every year for me.  Now, it's time to get ready to enjoy the next holiday. 

Christmas has to be my most favorite of all the holidays.  The baking, the music, the lights, but most importantly the meaning and the family.  My family just seems to grow and grow (I don't think I'm going to sit here &count how many of us show on Christmas Eve. Haha.), and on Christmas Eve we all come together under one roof and celebrate; It may get hot in one house, there may be A LOT of kids running around crazily, there may be how many of us talking over one another, but that one night I wouldn't change for anything.

So, now that you've gotten to hear my love for this holiday, I can start to share the wonderful baking part of it that I enjoy so much.  The flavors, the candy, all the inspirations come out around this time of year and I sure do take full advantage.



Front: "Candy Cane" Vanilla marbled with red coloring; Peppermint Buttercream; Shaved Candy Cane.
Back Left: "Snow" White Velvet; Marshmallow Buttercream; Shaved white chocolate.
Back Right: "Peppermint Mocha" Mint Mocha; Peppermint Buttercream; Drizzled ganache w/ candy cane.

&It's only the beginning folks.  'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment